This Page

has been moved to new address

Runner's rambling

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Runner's rambling

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Runner's rambling

On December 30, I ordered my marathon pictures from Sportsphoto. The last week, I've been going to the mailbox every day (usually, I only go twice a week because all the mailman seems to wanna give me are bills). I open up the post box. No marathon pictures. Finally, the other day, I call the Sportsphoto people (who are located in Dallas, by the way).
 
Me: "Maam, I ordered these pics last year and I still havent gotten them.
 
Sportsphoto lady: "Uh, yeah. See, one of our mail trucks was involved in a wreck and exploded and all the contents in the truck burned. So we'll get your order out ASAP."
 
True story.
 
******************
 
So, I've made up my mind that I will run Cowtown on Feb. 28 in Fort Worth. I did 9 miles really fast on Tuesday. Felt great Tuesday night. Did 7 miles really slow Wednesday (First mile was 10, second mile was 9:30 and the subsequent miles were in the 8:45) Kept my heart rate right around 70 percent the entire time. Wednesday night, my Achilles tendon starts hurting. When I say it hurts to run slow, that's what I mean. This morning (Thursday) I was back to running my regular normally. 9 miles in 1:06.
 
*********************
 
My job has moved me from the Arlington office of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram to the Northeast Tarrant office. Still about the same distance from my apartment in Fort Worth, but traffic on 183 sucks. I've written two really interesting stories this week.
 

6 Comments:

Blogger fraizerbaz said...

I read your article about the councilwoman who was forced out.

Unfortunately, she might have stepped on someone's toes, and bruised someone's ego. From where I sit, her community sounds like it really IS a "good-old-boys" club. This must be VERY frustrating for her.

The community where I live is very similar to this. I dated a guy who was in the "club" last year, for a brief period of time. He ran for city council last year, and he likes to tell the story about how he lost the election by only 57 votes. I don't believe that he was really cut out for the job, so it's a good thing he was not elected. (NOT sour grapes, btw.)

It's all about who you know when you are a part of the "club". And who likes you. If you know how to play the game, you'll get ahead. If not, then you will wind up sitting on the side-lines.

January 15, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

Great article Kevin! I'm running the Cowtown 5k with a group of Kids I'm coaching with Kenza's school. Maybe you can write an article about them!

January 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

i'm glad you are doing cowtown!! sorry your pics are delayed, kinda funny about the truck though.

great article - most of the ones in the papers around here could've been written by a 3rd grader. i'm glad you are actually good at what you do!

January 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

You'll have a blast doing Cowtown... it's such a great race :)

January 18, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed reading your writing for your job :-) nice to know that you can still come home and write for yourself, which isn't always easy...

and fraizerbaz: i find the old boy network is everywhere...

January 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

now now, i didn't do anything spectacular. but thanks for those kind words :) glad you had a good weekend of running in your reverse-semi-goofy! i think when noah gets a little older you definitely need to go run disney and take him!!

January 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home