This Page

has been moved to new address

May 2009 mileage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: May 2009 mileage

5ksandcabernets

Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 2009 mileage

I ended this month with a 6.33-mile run around Town Lake in Austin. I
did a one-mile warm up, was feeling good and then did three miles in
7:03, 7:03 and 7:07. I know it's not a good idea to run this hard one
day after a 14-miler, but I felt pretty good. Still, by Mile 4, I was
ready to ease up a little and make the rest of the run an easy one
like I had planned to in the first place.

Lo and behold, as I am nearing the Run-Tex water stop under the First
Street bridge, I run into Karen, a running friend of mine from Fort
Worth who was in Austin to be a with a friend who was about to to have
a baby. Karen was running with two other guys from Run-Tex who were
nearing the end of their long runs. They were doing a form of Gallo-
walking: running four minutes, walking one. I've never trained that
way, but I was a little tired and decided to run with them and was
glad when the one-minute walk breaks came.

Anywhoooo...

Here are the monthly running stats

Total mileage: 180.7
Time: 23 hours, 59 minutes, 52 seconds (Had no idea I was 8 seconds
from running an entire day for the month)
Pace: 7:58

May 2008 running: 128.94 miles in an 8:39 pace

May 2007 running: 81.32 miles in 9:13 pace


Total miles in 2009: 846.29
Time: 4 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes, 7 seconds
Pace: 7:59

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

i'm so jealous of your pace improvements. i think i'm the only one who just always runs the same pace year after year, or gets slower.

i'd say great month... but you couldn't go out for an 8 second jog? shame shame. ;)

June 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home