This Page

has been moved to new address

Daily run: 18 miles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Daily run: 18 miles

5ksandcabernets

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Daily run: 18 miles

Had a nice, "easy" 18-miler today up and down Shoal Creek Blvd. My plan was to run the course in thirds. Get faster every six miles.

I averaged 8:33 for the first six miles; 8:23 for the second six miles; and 8:05 for the final six miles. I finished the entire run in 2:30, for an average pace of 8:20.

I'm also experimenting with making myself eat something before runs of this distance, so about 30 minutes before the run, I three bites of a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter. During the run, I had one GU, four thermolytes and tons of water. My energy felt strong the whole way, and more importantly, I didn't cramp.

This run ends a week in which I hit 63.85 miles. Next week's schedule calls for a cutback week. "Only" 40 to 45 miles.

I'll gladly take it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger A Plain Observer said...

This is excellet, Kevin! It has been amazing to watch your journey and transformation into a great runner in the last year. Happy Father's Day my friend

June 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

Wow, nice job on the progressive pace. I like the Shoal Creek area.

June 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home