This Page

has been moved to new address

Mizuno Wave Inspire 5s: Not the time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Mizuno Wave Inspire 5s: Not the time

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mizuno Wave Inspire 5s: Not the time

So, I wrote Monday that I was going to switch shoes from Brooks Adrenalines to Mizuno Wave Inspires.

After Tuesday mornings tempo run, I'm going back to the Adrenalines. For now, at least.

We had a 4-mile warm up, then 4 miles at tempo pace, then a cool down. I felt really bad for much of the run, like I just couldn't get enough fuel to my quads. Of course, that had nothing to do with my new shoes. My stomach just wasn't right. And in fact, during each of my runs for the last four days, I've had the urge to want to find a port-a-potty.

When my legs finally did warm up, the shoes just didn't cooperate. The Mizunos are much more cushiony than the Adrenalines. And they felt weird. It's like, when my quads were ready to fire off for the next step, my feet were still "landing" on the cushion-y shoe. I had this weird brain-body disconnect for much of the speed portion of the workout. I'm sure it's because I'm not used to the shoes, but I think I better wait until after the marathon to try something new.

Anyway, here were my mile-by-mile splits for the tempo run.

1 - 7:10
2 - 7:24 (Thought my stomach was going to explode here. Really thought about stopping the workout.)
3 - 6:57 (Stomach problems went away. Like, almost, instantly. But couldnt get a real rhythm because of shoes.)
4 - 6:53

*************

A few weeks ago, i said I wouldn't buy anymore wine for my home wine cellar and I even unplugged the cellar. Well, consider that idea a bad one. At the grocery store the other day, I bought three bottles of red and plugged the cellar back in. I guess I'm back on the sauce.

4 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I'm glad your switching back, changing shoes 3 weeks out from your big race could have been a recipe for disaster.

September 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

yeah, I was thinking that about the shoes too. it seems like it's so close to the race to be making any big changes. but whatever works for you.

yay wine! welcome back to the dark side.

September 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

probably for the best on the shoes for now. no biggie, you can try them again later.

don't they say a little wine is good? totally justifiable. (and i knew you wouldn't make it ;) jk)

September 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Libby Jones said...

I'm also in that situation where over time I've corrected some of my pronation. I wore Brooks Adrenalines nonstop for 4 years. And now, three months ago, I switched to the Brooks Ghost (neutral shoe) and love them. I've now bought the Saucony Triumph (neutral also, a little more padding and the Arch-Lock as compared to the neutral Saucony Ride), but I'm still breaking them in with getting about a couple weeks in them as my "errand" shoes, wearing them to the grocery store, around the house, other errands (takes a while to get enough miles on them wearing them bits at a time). That's my typical break-in routine before I run in mine.

Sounds like your other commenters make a lot of sense. I'd be too nervous this close to race day to be trying a brand new shoe style!

September 19, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home