This Page

has been moved to new address

Brooks Launch and Adidas Boston: The shoes for me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Brooks Launch and Adidas Boston: The shoes for me

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brooks Launch and Adidas Boston: The shoes for me



I've written here many times about how I can't seem to figure out a shoe I want to run in.
Well, I think I've finally finally finally found the shoes for me. Lately, I've been running in Brooks Launch and Adidas Boston's.
I have come to love both shoes and they serve different purposes. The Adidas Boston's are very lightweight and very responsive. When you put these shoes on, your hips better be ready to handle the quick leg turnover. These shoes are fast. Fast. Fast.
You may want to buy this shoe at a size or two larger than your other running shoes. Adidas makes this shoe very narrow and I got blisters on the end of my toes until I wised up and bought a bigger pair. And now, with the bigger shoe, I've not had any problems.
And I wouldnt recommend wearing this as an everyday trainer. There is little cushioning in this shoe and on runs lasting more than 90 minutes, your legs can kind of get beat up a little bit.
Of course, I didn't figure this out until recently, as I ran in the Bostons all last summer and wore them in my Chicago Marathon. Around the first of December, I noticed that the nagging leg/abductor injury I'd been nursing for much of summer still hadnt gone away and figured the soreness/pain was because my legs were just beat up from running in the Bostons so much.
Anyways, I ran into the Austin Luke's Locker off Lamar and a nice salesman named Richard set me up with a pair of the Brooks Launch. Now, as I've written here often, I grew up on Brooks, ran each of my first six marathons in the Brooks Adrenalines, which are as responsive as the Bostons. The Brooks Launch, though, were a little more cushiony than the Adrenalines and the Bostons. I worried a little about whether I'd like the cushiony feel. I mean, I'm used to putting my foot on the ground and taking off. Instantly.
And I'll admit, the first few runs in the Launch felt weird, like I was running in quicksand. But my feet and brain have synced up and the soft-landing in the Launches has actually been good for me. My leg soreness is slowing going away, and I've already put a 16-, 18-, and 20-miler on these shoes and they've held up.
So, right now I am rotating the shoes. For tempo, track work and short races, I'm wearing the Adidas Bostons. For long runs, recovery runs, and other easy workouts, I'm wearing the Brooks Launch.
Soon, I'll have to make a decision about which shoe to run the Austin Marathon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home