This Page

has been moved to new address

Shoe drama continues: Feet on fire

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Shoe drama continues: Feet on fire

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shoe drama continues: Feet on fire

&*$#@@(!+##@@!

Argh!!!!!!!!

I wore those Adidas Supernovas on a 6-mile hill run today. Near the end of the run, my feet started rubbing and I could feel blisters coming on.

Shit, I thought. How could a pair of size 10, EE shoes (which are one size bigger than the Brooks GTS8s I wear) cause blisters?

When I got home and put out the fire on my feet, I looked at the shoes. Damn. The salesman (Jerry) gave me size 10 regular widths, even though he said they were EE. I shoulda paid attention when I left the store Wednesday night.

Well, Lukes Locker is not going to be happy with me because I gotta return these shoes a second time. But what am I to do? If I'm starting to form blisters on my feet before I get to mile 5, what are my feet going to feel like by mile 10? 13.1? 26.2?

10:30 a.m. update: I checked the box that the shoes came in. They say they are 2E, though the word "wide" has been marked out by someone who works at the store. Hmmmm. Wonder if they were out of 2Es, but somebody put a pair of regular widths in the box and now I'm the one with hot feet.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger A Plain Observer said...

you are not going to make it to mile 26.2 on those shoes....

July 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah. Those shoes need to go right back to where they came from...

July 10, 2008 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I have to agree with the other two, you need to find some other shoes for the big race.

I only use BodyGlide on my feet during races, the rest of the time I use regular vaseline. The vaseline is cheaper and, used generously, holds up pretty well for all but the longest runs.

July 11, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home