This Page

has been moved to new address

Daily run: The one day a week I get to go fast

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Daily run: The one day a week I get to go fast

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daily run: The one day a week I get to go fast

I've decided that Tuesdays will be my "fast day." This the day when the run is "only" 10 miles, and I've had 72 hours of recovery from the Saturday long run.

And what I've always meant by fast is, just let my legs do what they wanna do as long as they share the oxygen with my lungs, i.e., NO RACING.

And so here are what my legs did today:

1 - 9:34 (warm up. It takes me a longggg time to warm up)
2 - 7:56
3 - 7:50
4 - 7:26
5 - 7:37 (Kind of a slight uphill most of the way and I am still terrible on hills)
6 - 7:23 (course flattening out and I'm feeling good again)
7 - 7:20
8 - 7:11
9 - 6:58
10 - 6:50

I got a little carried away the last mile, but every once in a while I think its a good thing for me to dip down into the 6s just to remind myself that I can go that fast. For the rest of the week, I'll be back to taking it easy during runs. This is a stepback week, and I am definitely taking the breaks I'm supposed to be taking.

I've got a 7 to 8-mile run Wednesday, another 10-miler on Thursday, and a 14-miler on Saturday. That will give me 48 miles for this "step-back" week.

***************

Match.com update: Absolute, biggest waste of time and money. I've had offers for dates, but just can't bring myself to actually go out on one. And some of the profiles seem fake, or are written by people who can't spell. (Come on, ladies, how hard is it to spell "definitely" - I didn't know an 'a' was in that word.). So, I think I am going to let the membership go when it runs out in mid July. I think I just want to meet someone the old fashion way: See them in person, drool, compose myself, and then ask them out.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger PointSpecial said...

I gotta be honest... when I first read the last sentence of the match.com update, I thought you said...:

"See them in person, drool, expose myself, then ask them out."

That might have varying results...!

I have to get back to training... but one thing I always have trouble with, too, is going too fast too early. I'm nowhere near up to your level (still trying to train for a 5k) but I burn myself out by running too fast!

June 23, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Even with all the new technogeek stuff, the old fashioned way is still the best way. Get buzzed, stalk, swagger over, cheesy lines, some good lines, conversation passing for intellect, a number. Good luck bud.

June 23, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger rodney said...

Hookers. There's always hookers.

June 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

Haha I hate it when people can't spell "definitely."

June 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, match is just another avenue to meet people, is not the answer to all questions and posibilities for sure. Just like every thing in life, you have to dedicate time and effort, even if you are planning to meet someone in "real life" you need to be "out there." So yes, match is not the answer, but is one opportunity.

The other thing you need to keep in mind is that match is like every thing else, is just one big pool of people, good, bad, pretty, ugly, etc. Think of it as an uncare garden that needs to be clean up. but be careful on the cleaning though, because a weed can also be consider as a wild flower and the most beutiful butterflies feed out of that "weed."

Just a thought.

Marion Sanchez

June 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh one more thing, sorry if I have any bad spelling or grammar, I am actually from Venezuela and I speak Spanish, English is my second language and I am back in school to improve my writing.

So please be kind with your critique to my writing.

Marion Sanchez

June 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Marion - I actually never criticized your writing or your English. The person that couldn't spell definitely WAS NOT YOU. I know you are real. My decision to drop match had nothing to do with you at all.

June 23, 2009 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger fraizerbaz said...

OR...

check with your friends... they might know someone who would be a great "match" for you...

I did Match.com a few years back, and even then, most of the guys just wanted to hook up casually.

I DID meet someone that I ended up falling head over heels for, but it didn't work out. My life was WAY too complicated at that time, bless his heart. (I heard through the grapevine that he ended up marrying my successor.)

June 23, 2009 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

the beauty of taking easy days easy means you get to really enjoy the hard days! nice job on this "short" 10 miler :)

June 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

No kidding about the spelling errors--I ruled people out on spelling and grammatical errors both (although admittedly I am too picky).

Found your blog through Rachel Sarah's blogs. Welcome to Austin!

Allison

June 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home