This Page

has been moved to new address

I am Kenyan, even if only for 200 meters

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: I am Kenyan, even if only for 200 meters

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am Kenyan, even if only for 200 meters

Speed workout with Gilbert's Gazelles this morning.
 
1.5 mile warm up, leg drills, then 6 times around the track at 5k pace, rest, then 12 x 200 meter intervals with about a 30 to 45 second cool down between each interval.
 
My specs....
 
It took me 9:04 to get around the track six times. I pretty much ran on the second lane from the inside, and the total distance wound up being, according to Garmin, 1.54 miles, which gives me a nice pace of about 5:53 min/mile.
 
Blink. Deep breath. Smile.
 
I quickly had to recover for the 200 meter intervals. Wasn't sure how fast I'd run them. Just concentrate on leg turnover. The first few were in 45 seconds or so. And then my lungs felt better, and I stayed around 40 seconds for the next 7 or 8 intervals. Finally, the last two, I completed in under 40 seconds, with the last 200 meter interval taking me 35 seconds to complete.
 
I was sucking air after that last one. 35 seconds to run 200 meters doesnt sound real fast when you consider Usain Bolt ran 200 meters in 19.19.
 
But if you take my 200 meter time and extrapolate it over a mile, that gives me a pace of 4:30 min/mile.
 
That's Kenyan pace, baby.
 
 
 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

haha. hmm maybe i could handle 50 meters. nice job on the speed! less than a month to go...

September 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

now, just extend that 26 miles and you will be set for a nice money prize.
Good job

September 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home