This Page

has been moved to new address

Brrrrr

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Brrrrr

5ksandcabernets

Monday, January 21, 2008

Brrrrr

Yesterday, they played the NFC and AFC championship games in very cold weather. In Green Bay, it was 1 degree at kickoff, making it the third coldest NFL game ever played. So, I thought I'd tough it out and run a 3-miler in 40 degree weather here in Fort Worth. I've run in colder weather. At both marathons I've run in, temperatures at the start were in the 30s. I don't think I've run in anything colder than 20s. Its funny, when people see you running in the cold, they wonder, "how are you doing that." But people who don't run don't understand that running when it is, say 30 to 40 degrees outside, is much better than running when it is 70 to 80 degrees outside, especially if you are running longer than an hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kevin. I caught this game a few weeks back myself and was amazed by performance of the athletes in those brutal conditions. I played fantasy football this year (my first time) and ended up with Brett Favre as my quarterback, Ryan Grant as my running back, and I also had the Packers defense! I made the playoffs too! If you play fantasy football leave me a note and when the season comes around I'll get in touch with you.

I agree with you about running in cold conditions versus warmer/hot conditions. I find that as long as I dress appropriately the cold weather runs are actually much more enjoyable. I ran Thursday in 32-34 degree weather for the first time and it really wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it might be.

Take care!

January 26, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home