This Page

has been moved to new address

Brett Favre: A nice guy.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Brett Favre: A nice guy.

5ksandcabernets

Friday, August 8, 2008

Brett Favre: A nice guy.


(This post originally ran March 4. Thought I'd re-run it with Brett Favre's comeback announcement)

This may be a blog about running, but I thought I'd weigh in on the news of Brett Favre's retirement/comeback.
Here is a true story: In my previous life as a sportswriter, I was sent to Green Bay during training camp to do a feature on the Packers. This was the summer of 1999. While in Green Bay, I ate at Favre’s restaurant, a steakhouse. The service was kind of slow and the food was so-so. The next day, I’m at the Packers facility and I spot Favre sitting alone at his locker. I walked up to him. Told him my name and the paper I was with. Then I told him about the service at his restaurant. He said, “Man, I’m sorry about that. I guess I’ll have to say something.” Don’t know if he said something or not. But his response was real classy.
I never went back to his restaurant. But how could you not like the guy on the football field?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Kevin - I'm being considered for a project in Dallas! If I get it, we totally have to go running together :) Will keep you posted...

August 8, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home