This Page

has been moved to new address

Run in this heat?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Run in this heat?

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Run in this heat?


I swear. I was going to run when I got home from work. But here in Tex-Ses, the sun decided to really get down to our level. So I went to Pot-Belly and grabbed a bottle of Edmeades Zinfandel instead.
I did run this morning, (5 miles in 38:21) so it's probably a good thing that I didn't attempt a two-for today. And for what? I'm not really training for anything right now.
I haven't really spent a lot of time talking about my running lately, with all the excitement of caring for my son, and some recent posts on a bad wine experience.
But I have been running: 31.75 miles last week. 30.84 miles the week before. (I guess I could have rounded up both weeks, but I lam a real nerd when it comes to gadgets and keeping a record of every run. And my Garmin Forerunner 305 has been a Godsend)
I ended last week with a 9 mile run on Saturday. Felt really strong. Got it done in 1:17:18. A split of 8:34 minutes/mile. Heart rate averaged 80 percent of max, and was about 87 percent at the finish.
It was 10 degrees cooler Saturday than the last Saturday, when I quit running after 9 miles. But I don't think it was just the heat and my overindulgence in wine the night before that made the run on May 11 so hard. Through some CSI research into my diet, I think I found the culprit, and it is probably the same culprit that led to my woeful marathon finish last December.
I'll tell you about that later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home