This Page

has been moved to new address

Too much junk in the trunk?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Too much junk in the trunk?

5ksandcabernets

Monday, May 12, 2008

Too much junk in the trunk?


Sometimes when I run by a building with mirrors or reflecting glass, I sneak a peak at myself to check my form. What I see is not often very flattering. It looks like I'm literally dragging my ass.

I've got these skinny legs, and skinny arms, but my ass belongs on a man who weighs at least 30 pounds more than I do. When you have to buy jeans that are one or two sizes too big in the waist because of your ass, then yeah, you got a big ass. And that's me.

But I will no longer lament having too much junk in the trunk.

I just came across this Harvard Medical School Study that said people with bigger booties are at a lower risk for Type 2 diabetes.

(Trust me, I'm not foo-foo enough to read Harvard studies. But I saw this link flashing on, of all places, the Huffington Post. The question they should've asked: Whose got the bigger boo-tay: Barack or Hillary?)

Anyway, the study actually says the kind of fat you have can lower your risk level. Subcutaneous (uh-oh, big word alert) fat, they say, is the key, and subcutaneous fat is often found on the buttocks, say the experts.

Big butts, rejoice.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger P.O.M. said...

Booty Envy.
I've got it.

May 12, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

I love Huff Post. Yeah, they can be pretty diversified in their coverage sometimes.

May 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ok, I just saw this label and had to click on it. My friend sent me a hilarious (yet completely legit) study measuring womens' hip to waist ratio and what you could predict about their infants/children from it. How to get teenage boys interested in science-- tell them they could work on a study that goes around measuring women's derrieres....send me an email and I'll send you the article.

June 11, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home