This Page

has been moved to new address

No more frappuccino's before long runs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: No more frappuccino's before long runs

5ksandcabernets

Sunday, June 15, 2008

No more frappuccino's before long runs

I had a run this morning that took me back to my horrible marathon run in 2007. (Isn't horrible and marathon run an oxymoron?)

Felt good the first three miles and was running a sub 8-minute mile at the beginning of mile 4 and my heart rate was still under 80 percent max. But by the end of mile 4, my shoulders started burning like I couldn't get rid of the lactic acid build-up and I could n0t catch my breath.

By mile 5 I was gasping for air and stopped to get water. I was spent by mile 6 and I'm embarrassed to say it took me 11 minutes to finish. I started feeling a little better around mile 7, oddly. But I decided to stop at 7.5 miles.

It took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes, a pace of 9:20 per mile, the slowest run I've had in a while.

Why the terrible run? On Saturday, as part of the Luke's Locker training run, I ran 5 miles, including the middle 3 miles in 22:30 (7:30 pace). But I don't think Sunday's bad run was because I was tired.

I think it was something I ate. I munched on chicken enchiladas all day Saturday and had a mint chocolate chip frappuccino from Starbucks around 5.

Ahh, there's the culprit. I'm terrible with dairy.

I don't usually drink that foo-foo coffee. But I had been craving something sweet. I won't do that again before a long run.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

One of these days you'll remember the dairy issue--before you have the dairy!

Happy Father's Day!

June 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Run For Life said...

I don't get along well with dairy, either. Hope your next run goes better for you!

June 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Dairy before running doesn't work for me. Neither do bananas. I know they're not dairy, but they give me that dairy-like taste in my mouth after eating them.

After a run, however, bring on the ice cream!

June 16, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, forgot that dairy was not my friend, though ice cream after a run sounds good.

June 16, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home