This Page

has been moved to new address

Fun with 40

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Fun with 40

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun with 40

I'm 40 today, which means I'm now running in the masters competition. And I'm not too happy about that. The 40-and-older gang is fast, real fast. It'll be harder than ever to even place in my age group now.

I thought instead of waxing poetic about what it means to be 40, I'd do a by the numbers post using 40 in all things blogging, running, and whatever else I could think of.

(By the way, I spent the first part of my day at the Fort Worth Zoo reporting on a story about some new Malayan tiger cubs.)

First 40-mile week: November 2005 training for the 2005 White Rock Lake Marathon.
First race of 40 minutes or more: 10k in Feb. 2005. Finishing time was 50:12
40th (known) visitor: From Keller, Texas. Feb. 19, 2008.
40th comment: From my co-worker, Patrick Walker about my six-word memoir.
40th post: Going to the doctor for foot pain.


Google keywords most often used to find my blog (Wont bore you with 40, but here are a few)
5ks and cabernets
revealing swimwear: From a post I wrote about the swimsuit that helps people set world records.
el scorcho run
5ksandcabernets
el scorcho run results
el scorcho results
el scorcho race results
wine marathon
post workout shake
marathon wine bottle
marathon running suit
how to cut a black man hair: From a post I wrote about how hard it is to find a barber in my neighborhood.
black marathoner
adidas supernova sequence reviews
age and marathon running
wine tasting run
drinking wine before 5k
wine drinking marathon training

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

I know it's a day late, but Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day. Mine is tomorrow (36).

While you might be less than thrilled with moving up an age group, I am ecstatic, since you're moving out of mine!

I think I'll take credit as that 40th visitor...

Nice article on the tigers. Keep up the good work, and keep up the running--you've got a breakthrough race coming.

August 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

Happy Birthday old man! Or should I say ... sonny :-)

August 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger rodney said...

Happy Birthday! If it makes you feel better, I'm 38, and my age bracket is absolutely brutal. It's just not natural for dudes in their late 30's to run that fast.

August 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Happy birthday! Hope you celebrated with a great bottle of wine.

I was going to comment that all your keywords are so normal, and pull up some examples of how people find my page by googling "big butts on little kids" or other equally bizarre things, but... I just checked out my keywords and they're all pretty normal now! Did all the wackos stop using the internet?

August 31, 2008 at 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated.... but Happy Birthday to you!!

That list of search phrases is hilarious. "Revealing swimsuit." Ha.

September 2, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Run For Life said...

Happy belated birthday :) Hope you had a good one!

September 6, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home