This Page

has been moved to new address

Ch-Ch-Changes...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Ch-Ch-Changes...

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ch-Ch-Changes...

1. The kiddo. He's got his first real cold, Nancy reports. But there is even a silver lining in that. While they were in the waiting room at the doctors office in Austin, he stood up and took three steps because he wanted a toy. My son is walking!!!! Now, if he can just hold on until I get there this weekend. (This photo is of Noah on the day of his birthday party a few weeks back. He was standing up back then.)


2. Job. We've had a lot of layoffs at the paper, which have left us short on reporters. So, I moved from editing education to covering government, i.e., the county appraisal district, council of governments, Fort Worth Zoo, code enforcement.


I haven't written a story for publication since the early 2000s. Do I have stage fright? Writers block? Nahhhh. In my previous life, I've gone face to face with Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban, Troy Aikman, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, and Emmitt Smith. An angry mayor or city councilman won't scare me.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger DawnB said...

congrats to the little one!!! good luck with your new assignments I'm sure you'll do just fine

August 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger DawnB said...

congrats to the little one!!! good luck with your new assignments I'm sure you'll do just fine

August 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So this weekend you're going to teach him to run? When is his first 5K?

:)

August 12, 2008 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Runner Leana said...

Good luck in the new position and congrats to Noah on his first steps!

August 13, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

The fun is beginning!

August 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home