This Page

has been moved to new address

Marathon pace run

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Marathon pace run

5ksandcabernets

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marathon pace run

Today's goal before I went to Austin to see Noah was to do my scheduled 12-mile run at marathon pace. I hope to complete White Rock in about 3:30 to 3:35, so it means I need to keep an 8-minute mile for the entire run.

I swear I wasn't trying to do 12 miles in exactly 1:36, but that's almost what I did: 12 miles in 1:35:54. There were numerous hills on this course and it was very windy. In fact, when I ran east, I had a headwind and when I ran west I had a headwind. That didn't seem fair. Still, I kept the pace I wanted and didn't feel like I was out of gas or that I needed to run hard to keep the pace.

Ive got one more "big" week before the taper party begins. Next week, I'm going to run 50 miles with a Saturday long run scheduled for 22.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MT said...

I've recently started following your blog and have enjoyed it. I did 11 on the Trinity Trail this AM and I noticed the same thing with the wind - headwind from the East, headwind from the West . . . actually kind of unpleasant.

Good luck with the training. Sounds like you're right on target.

November 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Perfect pacing there. Great practise for the big day.

November 15, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

I always wonder about that wind, why it is never in my favor!!! This morning I ran like that, but of course the sound of the ocean made up for the wind...

November 15, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home