This Page

has been moved to new address

Taper doing its job

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Taper doing its job

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Taper doing its job

Did 8 miles with Team Rogue this morning.

For the first time in, oh, say six weeks, I ran without ANY pain. NONE. NADA. ZILCH.

No pain.

(Did I say pain free?)

Before I took the first step, I was already wincing, ready to go into the pitiful warm-up shuffle that I normally do on the first mile. But, when my foot hit the ground ... nothing. No pain.

I kept waiting for the pain to come and it never did. There were a few twinges (maybe they were phantom twinges) - but I'm as close to being 100 percent as I've been since July. And I had a bounce in my stride that hasn't been there in a while either.

(Much thanks should go to the massage therapist I've been seeing. Her motto should be, 'I make you hurt so you won't hurt when you run.')

This morning we were supposed to do 3 or 4 miles of the 8-mile run at marathon goal pace. I hit the paces easily, without pressing, without breathing hard, and even kept pace when we went up hill. I had to keep telling myself, "slow down, slow down, slow down you fool."

My average for the 4-mile section at marathon pace was 7:34.

I went home and iced my leg (even though it wasnt hurting) and will continue to concentrate on nutrition and hydration.

Finally, I'm getting excited.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jess said...

Yay! Time to start getting confident!

September 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Sadie J said...

That is great news, Kevin! I'm glad you are feeling the spring in your stride again. You're gonna do great!

September 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

I'm tapering too...Loving it...only slightly.

September 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home