This Page

has been moved to new address

What a stress fracture in my pelvis looks like: it's kind of graphic.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: What a stress fracture in my pelvis looks like: it's kind of graphic.

5ksandcabernets

Friday, March 11, 2011

What a stress fracture in my pelvis looks like: it's kind of graphic.

The docs actually thought there was something wrong with my hips and so they only took pictures of, you guessed it, my hips. When I took the MRI film to get a second opinion, the doc there saw the stress fracture in my pelvis, which I've said will force me to stop running for three to four months.

Here is the pic:

Straight from the MRI: The red arrow is pointing at the place where I have a pelvis stress fracture. See how the bone, which runs diagonally from left to right, is discolored? Sorry about the graphic nature of this picture. TSA Agents see stuff like this all the time, I'm sure.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Zoë said...

OUCH! Hope you heal quickly!

March 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

haha. i think it's cool. i can't tell which way is up so... yeah. not sure which part is the "graphic" part (and don't feel like you have to provide further details haha)

anyway, it's cool to see, but sucks that it's there of course.

March 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Damon said...

Looks like a sfx of the pubic ramus - welcome to the club! I was diagnosed w/ the same thing back in Nov. Like you, I ran w/ the pain for way too long (spring of 2009 for me). I did not experience some of the issues in the latter stages of the marathon you did, but I did have: groin pain, adductor cramps, ab pain after runs, pain w/ sneezing, and pain rolling over in bed to name several

I saw Dr Hutchens too. You are at least the third person I know he has diagnosed w/ the same inj. Small world.

From doing some reading online (after seeing Dr Hutchens)-- I learned the best way to get this inj to heal asap is to not do anything that aggravates your pubic area, groin, or abs for 8 weeks. For me, that meant no swimming, aqua jogging, elliptical, or lower body weights. After 8 weeks, I gradually started up an exercise routine for ground zero. Doing nada sucked at first, but I got used to it after awhile. And sure enough, I seem to be very near healed after 4.5 months.

I don't tell you any of this to frustrate, but to let you know you must be patient w/ this deal. I know, the thought of not running for so long freaking sucks! But, it is what it is.

Google "pubis stress fracture" when you get a chance. There is a blogspot blog dedicated to this injury where folks share their exerience, strength, & hope. Some pretty good reads.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

March 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home