This Page

has been moved to new address

The tannins in my perspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: The tannins in my perspiration

5ksandcabernets

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The tannins in my perspiration

When I ran Monday, for the first time in 16 days, it was 38 degrees and I was floating.
This morning, it was 68 degrees (Texas weather) and muggy.
There was no floating. Flopping, maybe. Trudging. Shuffling. But this was not an easy day.
I did 6.5 miles in 56 minutes and it had to be the hardest 6.5 miles I’ve ever done (if you don’t include the final 6.5 miles of the two marathons I’ve run).
They say when it gets hot your blood works first too cool you off, then its sent to your working muscles. For that reason, your heart rate will always be higher on runs in the heat until you are acclimated. Well, I’m not acclimated. At all.
Running 6.5 miles in 56 minutes in February (when its cool outside) usually means a heart rate that might top out at 80 percent, 85 percent max. This morning, I was at 90 percent by mile 5 and 92 percent at the end. (Ok, full disclosure. Tuesday night, I drank half a bottle of Trinchero Family Cabernet and two big plates of spaghetti. My sweat this morning had hints of oak, vanilla, and garlic.)
The good thing is my right leg, which kept me on the sidelines to begin with, is no worse for wear. So, I’ll run a few miles Thursday and Friday and go out for an 8-miler Saturday, and next week, I’ll try to have a normal mileage week, which for me is about 30 miles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger P.O.M. said...

Nice job... nice job.
My bf told me the other day that my sweat smells like vitamins. gross.

March 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home