This Page

has been moved to new address

What is this stuff anyway?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: What is this stuff anyway?

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, March 13, 2008

What is this stuff anyway?

When I was at the doctor's office Wednesday for my bum right leg, he gave me a script for Methylprednisolone, which is a fancy word for steroids. So I guess there goes my career in professional baseball.
Anyway, this methylprednisolone is supposed to prevent the release of hormones in your body that causes inflammation. It's a weird dosage. Six days of these tiny little white pills that you take either before or after meals and before you go to bed at night.
This stuff has some pretty crazy side effects, like severe depression, insomnia, and rapid weight gain. That's just great. To fix my leg, I'll have to turn into a fat, moody guy who can't sleep.
I think the depression is because they say you shouldn't drink while on this stuff. So, I can't run and I can't drink? Good thing my 7-month-old son is visiting me right now, or someone would be sending me to the funny farm.
Obviously, this means no racing for the foreseeable future. This Saturday I was going to run the 5K St. Paddy's Day Dash in Dallas with my good friends Chuck, Allynson, and Frank. And I was going to run the 5k Run to Joes in Fort Worth in two weeks.
Guess now I'll set my sites on running the Komen Race For The Cure 5K at Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth on April 26. I ran this race in 2006 in a time of 21:09, a personal record.
Maybe the stars will align themselves again for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home