This Page

has been moved to new address

The mental DNA of 5ksandcabernets

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: The mental DNA of 5ksandcabernets

5ksandcabernets

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The mental DNA of 5ksandcabernets

I'm like most people who blog. I wanna let people know how I feel. What makes me tick. What I'm all about.
On my job, we've all participated in this "strengths" program to help us understand ourselves better, and to help others know where we are coming from.
First, we took a test. Lots of questions. The computer spits out this profile. It's the five "strengths" _ out of 34 _ that you rely on more than other "strengths" in social settings. It's supposed to be your mental DNA.
The test is based on the Gallup Management Journal and published in a book called, "Now, Discover Your Strengths" It is supposed to help me understand how I and those who work around me "filter" information. There is a blog on the whole subject of strengthfinder.
I took this test three years ago and its helped.
Here are my five strengths _ in the order that I use them _ and what they mean:

Woo: People strong in the Woo theme love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
Responsibility: People strong in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
Positivity: People strong in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.
Communication: People strong in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters.
Belief: People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.

Anybody else out there in the blogosphere take this test? What are your strengths? How do you find yourself using them?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I'm about to take this test. I predict a very strong woo factor.

April 14, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home