This Page

has been moved to new address

My Cowtown 10K Result

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: My Cowtown 10K Result

5ksandcabernets

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Cowtown 10K Result

46:57
This is the time I clocked in the 10k portion of the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth Saturday. A personal record. And it could have been faster but I spent the first mile dodging slower runners who lined up in the front of the race.
Anyway, that's me volunteering for the Fort Worth Runners Club at mile 24 of the marathon. I ran the 10k, changed clothes, and stood outside for three hours handing out Powerade and water.
I came away with a new perspective to marathon running which I will share over the next few days.
But the first thing I'll say is this. Everybody who is thinking about running a marathon _ and I've run two _ should volunteer at an aid station late in a marathon. You see a lot. Determination. Agony. Humor. Tears. More tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great job Speedy!

February 23, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home