This Page

has been moved to new address

Last big test

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: Last big test

5ksandcabernets

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last big test

This morning's run was my last hard one before the Cowtown Marathon Saturday. Of course, I'm too beat up from running the White Rock Lake Marathon in December and the Austin Half Marathon in January, so I'm going to "take it easy" and run a 10k.
So this morning, I ran a few 1,000-meter intervals. Three, actually, in 4 minutes 11 seconds, 4:11, and 4:04. That's a pace of about 6:30 to 6:45 minutes per mile. So, I'm ready.
The question is: Will I run that fast Saturday? I doubt it. If I remember correctly, when I ran this race last year (finishing in 47:47), there were sooooo many hills. It also didn't help that my left lower leg cramped up some.
So, I hope I can maintain a pace of 7:30/per mile. That would put me at the finish line in about 46:30, which would be a PR.
Afterward, I'm volunteering at Mile 24 of the Cowtown Marathon. The exact location the water stop is the corner of ">Stayton/Trinity Park Road and 7th Street. I've run two marathons but this will be the first time that I'll be giving out the water and Gatorade this late in a run. Should be interesting to see the faces of the people. I'll be sure to bring a camera and post pictures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home