This Page

has been moved to new address

It's Super Tuesday. How fast can your favorite presidential candidate run?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: It's Super Tuesday. How fast can your favorite presidential candidate run?

5ksandcabernets

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Super Tuesday. How fast can your favorite presidential candidate run?


Obama or Clinton? Romney or McCain?
What if we picked our president based on their marathon time. Here are some political figures and their marathon times.

George W. Bush, 1993 Houston Marathon, 3:44:52
Michael Dukakis, 1951 Boston Marathon, 3:31:00
John Edwards, 1983 Marine Corps Marathon, 3:30:18
Al Gore, 1997 Marine Corps Marathon, 4:58:25
Mike Huckabee, 2005 Little Rock Marathon, 4:39:04

For a list of other famous people who've run marathons, go here.

Off the beaten path...
This morning, I went out on a tempo run. These are my favorite training runs. I can fly without running so hard it feels like a race, and I'm done in an hour, so its not a long run.
I ran with a group of runners that meet at Luke's Locker off of University Drive in Fort Worth. It's a 6 a.m. run. I did seven miles in 56:21, which is about a pace of 8:05 a mile. Heart rate averaged about 87 percent, but it soared to 92 percent the last 15 minutes because there were some crazy hills. It was also 62 degrees with humidity of about 80 or so percent. So, I feel pretty good about the shape I'm in. I had a shin splint flare up on mile 2, but gutted my way through it. Afteward, I had an endurox shake for recovery. Ah, sugar never tasted so good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home