This Page

has been moved to new address

A marathon star returns a message

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
5ksandcabernets: A marathon star returns a message

5ksandcabernets

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A marathon star returns a message

A few weeks back, I wrote in a post that I went to see Spirit of the Marathon. After watching the movie, I sent an email to one of the movie's stars, Deena Kastor, who holds the woman's marathon record. Well, last week, she emailed me back. Here is what she had to say:

From: Deena Kastor <deena@deenakastor.com
Date: Feb 1, 2008 3:36 PM
Subject: RE: Howdy from Texas
To: Kevin Lyons <lyons10k@gmail.com>
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the email and for supporting Spirit of the Marathon. I can't remember ever having so much fun at the movies; and it wasn't because I was in it, but because the theatre was filled with the people I like most…runners! Everyone was interacting and stayed after to chat. I hope you continue to find ways and reasons to be inspired. When you are in this sport, you are in it for life. All the best!

Cheers!
Deena
http://www.deenakastor.com/

My run today: It was very hot in FW, like 65 degrees. I wanted to run and keep my heart rate during the whole run under 80 percent of my heart rate maximum (201). So, when I looked at my Garmin and saw my heart rate at 160, I'd slow down. Boy, am I slow. Again, it was hot. But, running this way, it took me 1:05:28 to run 6.55 miles. Which is a pace of 10:00/mile.
I need more aerobic conditioning.

My Super Bowl prediction: Patriots 45, Giants 17. Boy, was I wrong.

Wine I'm taking to the Super Bowl watching party: Layer Cake Shiraz, and Yalumba Barossa 95% Shiraz and 5% Viognier.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to see the encore showing of the Spirit of the Marathon film on Feb. 21, 2008, it looks like a very inspirational film for all types of runners. Everyone can check to see if it will be playing in a theatre near them and buy tickets with this link:
http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=694&utm_source=BuzzTone&utm_medium=BuzzTone_posting&utm_campaign=Spirit_of_the_Marathon_Encore/

February 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home